Sunday 15 March 2020

PORTUGAL FATIMA- THE SECRET OF THE PASSIONATE SHEPHERDESS


PART 2

SAINT JACINTA MARTO 

PASSIONATE FOR THE CRUCIFIED JESUS
I have been crucified with Christ, yet, I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me, insofar as I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and given himself up for me.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Gal 2, 20

One of Jacinta’s favourite games she liked to play was forfeits; the winner would tell the one that lost to do anything. One day when we were playing this game, Jacinta had lost and since I was the winner, I had to tell her what to do.

-why don’t you tell me to go and kiss Our Lord Over there? (There was a crucifix hanging on the wall).
-Alright –I answered – Bring the crucifix over here kneel down and give Him 3 hugs and 3 kisses.
-To our Lord, yes. I will give as many as you like. She ran to get the crucifix. She kissed it and hugged it with such devotion that I have never forgotten it. Then, looking attentively at the figure of Our Lord.
She asked:
-Why is Our Lord nailed to cross like that?
-because He died for us.
-Tell me how it happened

I came to know the story of Our Lord’s Passion;I began to tell my companions, word for word,Our Lord’s story. When the little one heard me telling of the sufferings of Our Lord, she was moved to tears. From then on, she often asked me to tell it to her all over again.She would weep and grieve, saying – Our Poor dear Lord! I will never sin again! I don’t want our Lord to suffer any more.

JACINTA’S SECRET
SHE PASSIONATELY LOVED JESUS’S PASSION
At the root of Jacinta’s spiritual journey is a deep and intense love for Jesus. She contemplated him crucified and wanted to unite with him, to take part in his passion, imitating his surrender for the salvation of humanity.


source : SHRINE OF FATIMA 

No comments:

Featured post

UNKNOWN

 人生里,限制你发展的往往不是学历和经验, 而是工作圈和社交身边的人。 人生最大的运气不是捡到钱或中大奖,而是那些愿意花时间和精神去指引你和帮助你开拓你的眼界,纠正你的格局,给你正能量和对你诚实的人。